Cambridge Research Biochemicals (CRB) has been generating custom-made antibodies since 1985. It is the company’s belief that the maximum capacity for antibodies is not a finite number. Due to the way CRB operates as an antibody manufacturer, and the nature of the way antibody requests come in, small and large volume orders can both be successfully managed.
CRB operates the following processes to produce a polyclonal antibody:
- Antigenic prediction – CRB can either use customer’s own protein or assist in selecting the best peptides which it has been doing successfully for over 25 years
- Peptide synthesis — peptides are manufactured at CRB’s own premises to highest quality
- Conjugation to carrier proteins — completed in-house, small or large batches can be completed in one weekly operation
- Antibody production — Immunisations are carried out using optimised protocols in all available species. CRB produces a timetable of the programme of events (immunisations & bleed cycles) for each antibody project and this is posted to my account allowing end-users to track the progress of their custom antibody online. Screening — ELISA analysis is performed in-house and the results posted to my account within 5 working days of the bleed being taken.
- Screening — ELISA analysis is performed in-house and the results posted to my account within 5 working days of the bleed being taken
- Purification — Affinity purifications are completed in-house and the results posted to my account
- Additional services — CRB offers labelling of antibodies and characterisation of antibodies (including western blotting) as required by its customers
CRB offers a range of polyclonal antibody service categories to suit all budget levels and custom antibody variations. Choose your antibody type from the listing below and follow our advice.
- Peptide Immunisation — Our basic polyclonal antibody package for low budgets or antibody re-runs
- Protein Immunisation – Polyclonal antibody production using customer’s own antigen
Monoclonal antibody services are also available as either Exclusive projects where the customer owns the best two independent cell lines and additional clones can be purchased or Non-Exclusive more economical packages where the intellectual property rights are shared with CRB.
Upon ordering your antibody project, please refer to the antibody buyer’s guide for information on the stability and storage of antibodies. To find out more about the process of generating a specific antibody please see our Technical section.