Quality assurance is one of the essential building blocks of Cambridge Research Biochemicals. Our company has held the internationally recognised standard ISO 9001, since 2001 and currently holds the latest ISO 9001:2008 version.
But this is viewed purely as the starting point. Striving for the highest levels of quality is part of the fabric of our company. Every member of staff is actively involved in measuring, auditing and applying improvement processes. Although overseen by the directors, quality management is very much a company team effort.
Our Quality Management System includes:
- Quality Manual outlining our policies to meet ISO 9001:2008
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that define our processes
- monthly internal quality audits by staff followed, where necessary, by corrective and preventative action
- regular management meetings to review business performance and opportunities for improvement
- staff training programmes to identify competency and training needs
- maintenance and calibration programmes for essential equipment
- records of customer concerns and the corrective and preventative actions taken
- archives of raw data relating to the synthesis of a peptide or generation of an antibody
Customer ordering process
Our quality system ensures that customers’ requirements are clearly established and documented.
Before accepting an order, we review it for accuracy and completeness and to ensure that we can satisfy the requirements. Any requirements that are ambiguous or conflicting are also clarified at this stage. Formal acceptance of the order is always recorded.
Any additional requirements, later identified as necessary for the product’s intended use, are noted and customers informed.
If changes are made to a customer’s order, we record these amendments and confirm the changes with both the customer and internal departments.