PepArray™ is CRB’s multiple peptide synthesis service for the supply of sets of hundreds to thousands of peptides in small amounts for screening purposes.
PepArrays™ are ideal tools for:
- T-cell and B-cell epitope mapping
- Structure activity studies for receptor binding ligands
- Enzyme specificity screening (kinase, protease)
- Cytotoxic T-cell assays
As the peptides in a PepArray™ are not purified, they cost one tenth of the price of individually made purified peptides. Using our optimised synthetic protocols, the peptides in the array typically have purities between 70 – 90%, although this cannot be guaranteed. This purity is more than sufficient for most initial screening applications. Once a target peptide is identified using the PepArray™, it can be remade in high purity using CRB’s routine custom peptide synthesis service , PURE™ Peptides for more detailed biological investigations.
Of critical importance to the successful screening, using a peptide array, is the selection of the peptides to be included in the library. CRB offers detailed application-specific consultation on peptide library design covering criteria such as:
- peptide length and sequence overlap
- appropriate N- and C-termini
Use of dedicated parallel synthesis technology and streamlined operation allows delivery in 2 weeks.
- 48 – 96 peptides/array aliquotted into individual tubes or 96 well plates
- 3 – 5 μmol scale
- Peptides can be made up to 25 residues in length
- Quality control: all peptides in each array are sampled for HPLC and MS analysis
- Delivery in 2 weeks
- Custom aliquotting upon request