In this category, we typically synthesise standard, long or modified peptides.
Standard peptides are made up of naturally occurring L-amino acids (of which there are twenty) and have a length of 6-25 residues. We offer two purity standards: >80% and >95% by HPLC and can synthesise laboratory-scale amounts from 1mg – gram scale quantities. Turnaround is 2-3 weeks.
Long peptide synthesis for sequences up to 50 amino acids long is a more involved route and therefore is more expensive, time-consuming and we would advise technical consultation with CRB for sequence suitability and synthesis strategy.
Our technical expertise is backed up by a well-equipped laboratory containing continuous flow, batch-wise, parallel and multiple array peptide synthesisers and mass spectrometer. These tools provide us with the ability and flexibility to prepare almost any kind of peptide at a wide range of scales:
- Routine peptides – 1 mg – 10 g
- Single peptides to large arrays
- Cyclic peptides – disulphide and head-to-tail, side-chain-to side or backbone lactam bridged
- Post-translational modifications – phosphorylated, sulphated, methylated & glycosylated peptides
- C-terminal modifications – secondary amides, alcohols, aldehydes, esters, AMCs, pNAs
- Purity: >95% by HPLC
- Peptide identity confirmed by mass spectrometry (ESI or MALDI-TOF)
- In-process control of the synthesis of complex peptides by mass spectrometry and HPLC monitoring
- Detailed consultation on peptide design
- Superior building block and synthesis strategies
- Custom chemical synthesis of unusual reagents
- Regular progress up-dates
- Custom aliquotting upon request
- Excess peptide retained in stock
- Peptide Inventory dating back to 1980